Section 8 of the Freedom of Information Act 2014 requires FOI bodies to prepare and publish a scheme concerning the publication of information by the body in conformity with a model publication scheme made by the Minister for Public Expenditure and Reform.
Under the Publication Scheme, each FOI body shall:
- Set out information to assist members of the public in their understanding of the body and its functions
- Publish the information it holds grouped under the information heads:
- Information about the FOI Body
- Services provide or to be provided to the Public
- Decision Making Process for major policy proposals
- Financial Information
- FOI Disclosure log and other Information to be published routinely.
- Explain the procedures to get access to information or to establish what information the body holds
(See attached file: FOI – Model Publication Scheme Guidance 110416.doc)